All passengers must obtain a Visa prior to arrival if the passenger has the intention to enter Sri Lanka in order to undertake remunerative activities
Visitors may be required to satisfy Immigration Authorities by proving that they have sufficient funds to cover their stay in Sri Lanka, being a minimum of US $ 15 per person, per day.
In connection with the outbreak of influenza A(H1N1), all passengers Arriving from influenza affected countries, will be asked to report to the Relevant desk to record personal details and verify with the authorities to ensure that they are not suffering from any symptoms of influenza A9H1N1).
- Nationals of Sri Lanka
- Holders of a ‘Laissez-Passer’ issued by the United Nations, traveling on duty.
- Holders of a Re-entry/Residence Permit issued by Sri Lanka to alien residents.
TMOV(Transit without Visa)
Those continuing their journey to a Third country within 8 hours by the same or connecting aircraft, can transit in MRIA without visa provided that they fulfill the following criteria
- The passenger holds a confirmed onward ticket
- The passenger can provide their documents for their next destination
- The passenger will not leave the airport and will remain in the transit area
- However, note that it is advisable to obtain a transit visa in advance
Visa is not required for Merchant Seaman being national of Sri Lanka.
Merchant Seaman arriving by air in order to board a ship, or if arriving by ship in order to board an aircraft must travel on duty and hold a Seaman Book together with a passport and hold a Letter of Guarantee from the shipping company
Visa is not required for Merchant Seaman (when arriving by air in order to board a ship, or when arriving by ship in order to board an aircraft) if the procedure is completely arranged by the shipping company.
Crew Members: same regulations as for passengers apply.
- Prior to arrival: please contact the nearest representative Sri Lanka
- On Arrival: If required, provided traveling for tourists purposes for a stay of max 30 days
-Visa will be issued to holders of British passports (irrespective of endorsement in passport regarding their national status).
-Nationals of Albania, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Bhutan, Bosnia Herzegovina, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, FYROM (former Yugoslav Rep. Of Macedonia, Germany,Georgia, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran,Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea(Rep.),Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Moldova(Rep of), Montenegro(Rep of), Nepal,Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Serbia(Rep of), Seychelles, Singapore, Slovak Rep. , Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates,USA and Uzbekistan
- Holders of Chinese Taipei documents
- Nationals of China(People’s Rep)including Hong Kong (SAR China)passport holders
- Nationals of Vietnam holding diplomatic and official passports.