Closure of All International Airports in Sri Lanka for Operation of Inward International Commercial Passenger Flights
March 17, 2020
According to the instructions received from Sri Lanka Health Authorities, all international Airports in Sri Lanka will be closed for operation of inward international commercial passenger flights (i.e. arrivals) with effect from 0400hrs on 19 March 2020 (local time in Sri Lanka) until 2359hrs on 25 March 2020 (local time in Sri Lanka). The closure will be reviewed by the Sri Lanka Authorities.
During the above mentioned restricted period the following will be permitted:
1. Aircraft Departures with passengers originating from Colombo, stop overs, transit passengers or visiting tourists.
2. Emergency Diversions to BIA
3. Freighter Operations and humanitarian flights to BIA
4. Technical landings at BIA
5. Inbound ferry flights (without passengers) at BIA
Upul Dharmadasa | Chairman
Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka